30 Seconds To Mars Instruments #MARS
As we all love 30 seconds to mars… here is an update of the instruments the guys are current playing with it during the concerts while CLOSER TO THE EDGE WORLD WIDE TOUR !!! 🙂 ENJOY!!
Over the years, McSwain has created many, fantastically creative and wildly varied guitars for all manner people – These are just a few examples that truly stand out.
JARED LETO GUITARS
Artemis (Black Guitar) was comissioned by Jared Leto as a companion to the original McSwain white Pythagoras. Jared wanted this version to be black with the red glyphs. It is basically the same as the white Pythagoras except that this version is a 25 1/2″ scale.
This set-neck, 24.75″ scale legth guitar was made by McSwain guitars custom designed by Jared. It was carved completely by Steve McSwain, who has made guitars for Steve Vai, Slash, Tommy Lee and More. Jared guitar features a Gryphon carved into the body, and the band Glyphics as inlays.
-Mahogany body and neck
– Rosewood Fretboard
– Sperzer tuners
I found it was made for around $7000.
Some important details about the guitar as well :
Stephen used Seymour Duncan Jeff Bec model for the Pythagorus, and Seymour Duncan Custom Custom for the Artemis. Stephen made and carved each guitar by hand. The company it is unable to duplicate them exactly for someone else, since Jared was the original client with his unique vision. If someone is interesting in something similar they would gladly do it.
( Credits: dem466 -UG Community @ Ultimate – Guitar)
(SOURCE: MCSWAINGUITAR LINK )
( credits: Seymour Duncan Link )
“The Pythagoras” which is believed to be named after Jared’s dog (unknown ?!? 😉 )
TOMO MILICEVIC GUITAR :
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Ebony, Fender Jazzmaster (He is left-handed, but plays guitar right-handed)
- Pickups: 490R Alnico magnet humbucker, 498T Alnico magnet humbucker
- Tuners: Grover Keystone
- Amps: Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier with Mesa Boogie Cabinet
- Pedals: Boss Super Chorus SC1, Digitech Whammy, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss FZ5 Fuzz Pedal, Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Chromatic Tuner, Boss BF3 Flanger, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Boss RC20XL
“Here is the ultimate in a solid body guitar … The Incomparable Les Paul Custom Guitar,” — Gibson catalog, circa mid-1950s
Today’s Les Paul Custom is based on the model from the mid-1950s, but with several modern appointments. The body is crafted with a hand-carved maple top, which is fitted to a body made from a solid piece of mahogany with strategically routed holes to lessen the weight of the guitar, resulting in a Les Paul with enhanced acoustic qualities and improved resonance. The 24 ¾-inch scale length neck is also made from one solid piece of mahogany then topped by a 22-fret ebony fingerboard outfitted with pearl block inlays and given Gibson’s traditional rounded profile. The pickups are Gibson’s 490R in the neck position, which offers the tonal characteristics of the original PAFs, and the 498T in the bridge position, which swaps the 490R’s Alnico II magnet for an Alnico V, thus making it slightly hotter with emphasis on mid-ranges and highs. Other appointments include Gibson’s legendary Nashville Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece, metal tulip tuners, multi-ply white and black binding on both the top and back, gold hardware and a 1 11/16” nut width. The Les Paul Custom is available in Antique White, Ebony, Heritage Cherry Sun Burst, Wine Red and Silver Burst, and each guitar comes with the standard Gibson Custom case and certificate of authenticity.
Price around $5,500 – $6,000 aprox
(Source : gibson link )
Fender American Standard Stratocaster comes with a new bridge with steel saddles, is to increase the resonance and sustain his voice. Fender Stratocaster was made with materials of high quality, at the stage of final settlement of the guitar is equipped with a maple or rosewood fingerboard buffed to a high gloss, the back of the neck still has a smooth satin finish. New SKB splash guard is formed exclusively for this case.
With a few quality ingredients, perhaps the sound produced by the Fender American Standard Stratocaster guitar will be more satisfied customers and the guitarist ofcourse. That in the search by them is perfection in sound, comfort on guitar, shape and color would not be forgotten.
Why are so many guitarist use a Fender guitar, this might be caused by good quality and meets their tastes. This guitar does look so elegant with black color combined with a dazzling white color.
Specifications Fendr American Standar Stratocaster:
- Colors: Black
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C” Shape,(Gloss Headstock Face with Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5” Radius (241mm)
- No. of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo Frets
- Pickups: 3 American Strat® Single-Coil Pickups
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade- Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle, Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: Left Handed 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with New American Standard Bent Steel Saddles
- Machine Heads: Fender® Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard:3-Ply Parchment
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Width at Nut: 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Unique Features: New Bent Steel Saddles with Elongated String Slots, Copper Infused High Mass 100% Metal Bridge Block, Thinner Undercoat Finish for Improved Body Resonance, Tinted Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard Neck: Satin Finish on Back, Gloss Finish on Headstock Front with Buffed Fingerboard, 4-Bolt Neck Attachment with Micro-Tilt™ Adjustment, Bi-Flex Truss Rod System, Parchment Knobs and Pickup Covers, Rolled Fretboard Edges, Staggered Tuning Keys, H/S/H PickupRouting, New Molded Fender/SKB Case with TSA Locks, Glass Reinforced Nylon Trigger Latches, and Form Fitted Plush Interior
- Strings: Fender® Standard Tension™ Bullet ST3250L, Nickel Plated Steel, (.009 to .042), p/n 073-3250-203
Sticks Vic Firth
Accessories Roland, RockenWraps
Drum kit: Sonor Custom (Maple/Birch)
- 14″ x 7.5″ Snare drum
- 8″ Rototom
- 8″ x 8″ Tom
- 10″ x 8″ Tom
- 12″ x 8″ Tom
- 14″ x 8″ Tom
- 18″ x 18″ Floor Tom
- 16″ x 18″ Floor Tom
- 20″ x 19″ Bass drum
- (auxiliary snare) 13″ x 5″ Snare drum
Electronic Drum Kit (Spread out amongst acoustic drum kit, Roland):
- TD-12 V-Drum module
- KD-7 kick trigger pad
- 8 PD-8 dual-trigger pads (3 spread out above rack toms, 5 on left)
- Coated Pinstripes (top) and Ambassadors (bottom) on all Toms, Coated Emperor X (top) and Ambassador (bottom) on snares, and Clear Powersonic on Bass Drum
- 14″ AA Hi-Hats
- 10″ AAX Splash
- 8″ Chopper
- 8″ AA China Splash
- 14″ AAX Mini Chinese
- 19″ AAX X-Plosion Crash
- 19″ AAX X-Treme Chinese
- 20″ AAX Stage Crash
- 21″ HHX Raw Bell Dry Ride
- TreeWorks Tre35 Chimes
Percussion mallet: Nude Vater 5A Nylon (length 16″, diameter 0.57″)
Hardware: Tama Iron Cobra II, DW 9000 Series Rack System
Pedals: Drum Workshop 9000
Important remarkable Shanimal Drum Kit:
For his drums he uses Sabian Cymbals, Vater 5AN drum sticks, Remo drumheads, Sonor Drums, And DW Hardware. His drums are decorated with RockenWraps Skin artwork that features photos of over 400 people of the Echelon .
Pictures of Shannon Leto Drum Kit :
(Credits: Shannon Leto website link ) < (not official)
Keyboard & acoustic guitar will be add soon! 😉